FCCLA Sponsor: Mrs. Cox
Family, Career and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA) is a national Career and Technical Student Organization (CTSO) fr students in Family and Consumer Sciences (FCS) education in public and private school through grade 12. FCCLA offers intra-curricular resources and opportunities for students to pursue careers that support families.
To promote personal growth and leadership development through Family and Consumer Sciences education. Focusing on the multiple roles of family member, wage earner, and community leader, members develop skills for life through character development, creative and critical thinking, interpersonal communication, practical knowledge, and career preparation.
- To provide opportunities for personal development and preparation for adult life.
- To strengthen the function of the family as a basic unit of society.
- To encourage democracy through cooperative action in the home and community.
- To encourage individual and group involvement in helping achieve global cooperation and harmony.
- To promote greater understanding between youth and adults.
- To provide opportunities for making decisions and for assuming responsibilities.
- To prepare for the multiple roles of men and women in today's society.
- To promote Family and Consumer Sciences and related occupations.
FCCLA is integrated into Family and Consumer Sciences education exposing students to work-based learning as well as business and industry experiences. FCCLA engages students in industry awareness and though competitive events and scholarship opportunities and provides real world skills like productivity and accountability, flexibility and adaptability, initiative and self-direction, leadership, and responsibility.
"Members develop skills for life through character development, creative and critical thinking, interpersonal communication, practical knowledge, and career preparation."